UF student arrested after police find marijuana, crack cocaine, prescription pills in home

A UF student was arrested Monday and charged with six drug-related felonies after officials found marijuana, crack cocaine and prescription drugs in his possession. At about 11 p.m., an Alachua County Sheriff's officer saw David Janson, 23, standing on the corner near 4500 S.W. 91st St. According to the ASO arrest report, when Janson saw the ASO officer, he showed signs of nervousness by walking away and looking over his shoulder to see if he was being followed.

When the officer approached Janson, he found a multicolored glass pipe in his front pocket, which Janson admitted to recently smoking marijuana out of, the report stated. Janson told the officer that he had prescription medication, marijuana and other narcotics in his apartment.

After Janson signed a Voluntary Consent to Search Form, the officer searched his apartment and found marijuana, a straw cocaine and prescription pills. He was charged with five midemeanors and six felonies.