We are desperate for your opinion.

Our board currently consists of three students who work about 50 hours (each) in a five-day week to help produce the largest student-run newspaper in the country.

That's 50 hours that we spend within the walls of the Alligator office, time that doesn't include schoolwork or the little sleep we get.

In a perfect world, the opinions editor develops ideas for editorials and presents them to the board by 7 p.m.

But because we don't have one, the remaining board members have been coming up with ideas and writing the editorials instead of fulfilling our normal job responsibilities.

Our section editors have had to take the responsibility of editing pages while we're busy writing a half-assed editorial. We can't do our jobs well when we have too many hats and not enough heads.

We don't have another 10 hours to spend writing editorials, editing letters to the editor, cutting columns or crafting cartoon ideas.

If you read the Alligator's editorials regularly, you know what we're looking for.

To apply, e-mail a resume and sample editorials to apply@alligator.org.

We want someone who can write on behalf of the board - not a column - and who can justify his or her opinions with facts.

Because, the fact is, we're running out of things to say.