UF's Greek community raised the bar on its self-importance at Gator Growl Friday night.

Unfortunately, organizers of the event failed to check their numbers, which would show that the Greek community comprises less than 20 percent of the Student Body.

So when the Weekend Update fake newscasters dedicated their entire segment to inside jokes and jabs concerning fraternities and sororities, they left much of the audience in the dark.

We don't know who the Student Body president is dating. We had to do some research on why members of AOPi smell (hint: potty humor). We still have no idea why Delta Upsilon's Web site was changed to WeRunNothing.com/trannies. And we're not sure we want to.

We realize many of Gator Growl's leaders are members of fraternities and sororities. That's okay with us. However, it doesn't mean that the nation's largest student-run pep rally should turn into another Greek social.

Newsflash: This ain't GI Joes and Barbie hoes, and we were struggling to figure out what you were talking about.

Next year, try getting someone besides Susie Sorority to write the script. We're all for inside jokes, but when we're paying $15 for a laugh, you ought to deliver.