Students lacking spare change can donate blood plasma to raise money for Gators United for Haiti.

From Feb. 1 to Feb. 15, students can donate plasma to DCI Biologicals, a plasma center in Gainesville, as part of a Haiti fundraiser sponsored by Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity Inc.

Vladimir Charles, the fraternity’s president, said students can decide what percentage of the money they earn from their plasma will go toward the relief fund.

“At the end of the day, UF is trying to unite in the effort to raise $50,000, which I’m sure we’re going to all exceed, and it just makes more sense to collaborate on this,” Charles said.

Ricardo Marenco, the fraternity’s vice president, said eight members of the fraternity plan on donating plasma Saturday. The fraternity hopes to raise at least $300 by the end of the drive, Marenco said.

The fraternity will be tabling on Turlington Plaza with donation jars from seven other student organizations. The organization that earns the most money from tabling and plasma donations will receive prizes such as gift cards and free food from Chipotle Mexican Grill, Marenco said.

Charles said other organizations can still join the fundraising efforts.