Tuesday night, the Paul Mitchell family came from near and far to celebrate the opening of their newest full-focus salon.

Brenda DuVal, vice president of research and development for Paul Mitchell, opened Beach Break Salon, 603 W. University Ave., in Gainesville to cater to the college students’ needs.

I think there are some incredibly beautiful salons here, but there wasn’t really anything catered to the college crowd,” DuVal said.

Beach Break appeals to students with their beach-like atmosphere complete with tiki bars and surf pictures; a free Wi-Fi lounge and high quality service with low prices.

We have prices you can afford without not eating for a week,” DuVal said.

John Paul DeJoria, CEO and co-founder of Paul Mitchell who gave a speech at the party, spoke highly of DuVal and the salon.

Brenda knows how to make the customer have a beautiful salon experience,” Dejoria said, “we support (her) 100 percent.”

The salon uses all Paul Mitchell products and will be used as a focus salon where Paul Mitchell graduates can get started. Services include cutting, styling and coloring.

The salon is also giving back by donating three percent of all proceeds to the University of Florida's Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research.

We also hope to partner with the sororities and fraternities and their charities,” Duval said.

Paul Mitchell has plans for more salons like Beach Break. DuVal said the next will open at Penn State, but for now they will work on the new one.

We’re just going to have a great time, cut some hair and make people happy,” Duval said.