Welcome back, Florida. It’s been about four months since we’ve been graced by your usual, bright and shining self. Our long-awaited warm weather is finally upon us, and the forecast for upcoming weeks is looking mighty delicious. Highs will be topping out in the 70s and lows, just on the brim of the 50s. So sayonara Jack Frost. It’s time to party poolside.

These splash bashes have a lot more to offer than a great tan. Dancing to a DJ, getting loads of freebies and socializing with friends are just a few of the activities at pool parties.

“There is always a lot of people and so many things to do. I’m so excited that they are starting up again,” Santa Fe sophomore and frequent pool party attendee Jenna Umlauf said.

The Estates kicked off the shorts-wearing weather by hosting one of their usual pool party blowouts Saturday. The Estates pool parties are so outrageous that its management can’t even discuss them—but if you’re lucky, maybe you can squeeze something out of its fluorescent pink gorilla, who is always on the guest list.

If you missed it, don’t worry—the plethora of spring pool parties hasn’t even scratched the surface. The Network Promotions is holding a monumental pool party at Gainesville Place Apartments with special guest Percy Harvin on Saturday.

Harvin, former Gator and NFL Rookie of the Year, will be heating it up with partygoers, enjoying complimentary smoothies from Tropical Smoothie Café, 180º energy drinks and sipping off of the many free Bud Light kegs.

“The Network doesn’t just have pool parties. We put on shows at our events. Local artist KB da Boss will be performing a few of his songs live,” co-owner of The Network Promotions Glenn Cameron said.

Whatever your waterside activity of choice may be, partygoers should follow a few tricks of the trade. First off, keep what you bring to the pool party to a minimum. Girls, your bikinis won’t (or shouldn’t) be equipped with pockets, so keep it simple with sunscreen, a towel,  ID and a camera—obviously you’ll want to document the occasion and post pictures on Facebook. To be camera-ready, make sure that your bathing suit matches your tan lines because donning a farmer’s tan is a definite don’t.

If you’re legal to drink, perhaps take pictures before you guzzle down beer. Many times beer causes bloating, so if you are concerned about not being mistaken for a nearby floatie, snap your pictures as soon as possible. Also, be sure that your swimsuit is securely fastened because you don’t want any wardrobe malfunctions taking place during chicken fights or possible poolside grinding.

But attending a pool party doesn’t mean you absolutely have to get wet and wild. You can opt to lay low and simply take advantage of the weather by laying out and soaking up the sun. People-watching is always entertaining.