In today’s elections for City Commission’s District 4, students should choose Randy Wells. Wells has a proven track record of getting results and bringing people together.

Wells’ outreach to UF students and his plans for the city show that he will be a responsive commissioner who all Gainesville residents can be proud of.

District 4 represents most of campus, including every residence hall except for Lakeside.

It also includes much of the College Park and Duckpond areas as well as the area southeast of campus along Southwest 13th Street.

As a small business owner and community leader, Wells has served as president of the Duckpond Neighborhood Association for four years.

He was also a chairman of the City of Gainesville’s advisory boards on affordable housing as well as bicycles and pedestrians.

In addition to successful efforts to clean up local waterways, improve neighborhood parks and schools and promote energy efficiency, Wells has also been very active in supporting the citywide Gig4GNV campaign to bring Google’s planned high-speed pilot program to Gainesville.

Of all the candidates, Wells has developed the best ideas for a positive relationship between UF and the City of Gainesville.

As a first-time candidate for public office, Wells brings both a fresh perspective and the experience to back that up.

His plans for a local economic development and protection of our environment make him the best candidate for City Commission.

UF students who live in City Commission’s District 4 should vote for Randy Wells today.