UF Argentine Tango Club and UF Hillel raised money and awareness for breast cancer Saturday night at Tango for the Cure.

The fundraiser, which was part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, was held in Hillel's ballroom and included tango workshops and shows.

All proceeds from the Tango for the Cure event were donated to the American Cancer Society.

"We're reaching out to everyone who wants to dance and to anyone who is paying attention to breast cancer," said Prashant Kansakar, president of the UF Argentine Tango Club.

Sporting black T-shirts embellished with a pink sash, two instructors and seven members of Argentine Tango Club showed a room of about 50 people how to tango.

Richard Cepeda, UF Argentine Tango Club treasurer, said he thinks the benefits of tango extend beyond exercise and fun.

"Tango relieves stress," Cepeda said. "I'm in engineering, and tango is a place you can go and forget about your problems. For a few minutes, you're dancing, and you‘re taken to this mystical place. When you're done, it's like waking up from a dream."