Students went shopping for degrees  Wednesday.

Students spoke to representatives from the different UF colleges at the Reitz Union Colonnade at the third annual Majors Fair, which was hosted by Student Government.

The fair provided students with the opportunity to explore a variety of majors and visit more than 40 tables that were set up, representing 37 different academic departments.

“A lot of freshmen, sophomores and even juniors have yet to actually pick a major, and it’s really tough to find out firsthand information about the various majors,” said Rajiv Asnani, SG director of Academic Affairs.

Students were able to speak to faculty, professors and students in the different majors to help them make informed decisions about the options available for them.

The Career Resource Center was on hand for students concerned with the post-college opportunities of certain degrees.

Asnani said he estimated at least 300 to 400 students came through the fair throughout the day.

“It’s beneficial for students to attend,” said Angel Iverson, assistant director for Career Events at CRC. “Even if they think they already know what their major might be, there are still always other options out there that suit them better. They get to have all these majors at their fingertips.”