Atlanta DJ to play at rave

The last day of classes has arrived, and DJ/producer Le Castle Vania is here from Atlanta to help students celebrate their freedom until finals. The show will be at 10 p.m. at the Vault.

Known to friends as Dylan Eiland, he plays to crowds all over the world, and he helped build Atlanta’s dance scene from the ground up.

Anyone who’s been out downtown has likely danced to his remix of the Smashing Pumpkins’ “Zero.”

But his style can’t be defined by one genre. He plays hard with tracks like “Nobody gets Out Alive,” but also gets the dance floor going with disco-type tracks like his remix of Cee Lo Green’s “F--k You,” and club tracks like “Rave is King.” His variety and originality set him apart in a world oDJs.

“A lot of artists start trying to sound like the genre that they’re within because they’re trying to make music that will be played by other DJs,” Eiland said. “A lot of times I feel some of them forget about fans and the people that just listen to music.”

Eiland said his favorite part of his day is “just getting to make something that didn’t exist before,” but it’s followed closely by his passion for playing to the people.

“It’s just a blessing to be able to go out every week and play for a big crowd … and just join in celebration with all those people,” he said. “It’s cool to experience all that good energy.”

When he plays, Eiland said he doesn’t like to come with too much planned.

He just gets lost in the moment and feeds off the energy, and he likes to get down behind the decks with them.

“When I’m performing it’s like, I feel like almost I don’t even think at all,” he said. “You just go into this zone. Like, a lot of times after I’m done, I don’t even remember very much about what happened.”

Eiland’s tracks can be heard on his Facebook page or his website, lecastlevania.com, and tickets are available online at neonliger.showclix.com or the door.