Police find gun and 27 pounds of marijuana in car

An illegal resident from Jamaica, riding in a car pulled over for a traffic infraction Wednesday afternoon, was taken into custody after Gainesville police found drugs and weapons in the car.

Delano Frazer, 20, was seated in the backseat of the car pulled over on Interstate 75. The driver had a suspended license, while Frazer had only a Jamaican form of ID and no alien paperwork or visas, despite living in the country since August  2010, according to the report.

During questioning, Frazer denied knowing of any firearms in the car, though a search turned up a pistol loaded with hollow-point bullets hidden a couple feet in front of him, the report stated.

He continued to deny that they were hauling any illegal substances, but police found 438 ounces, roughly 27.3 pounds, of marijuana in vacuum-sealed bags in the trunk, the report stated.

When police found hollow point bullets in Frazer’s pocket, he told them they weren’t his but went with the driver’s pistol, contradicting his statements of ignorance concerning the gun’s whereabouts before.

Frazer denies his involvement, but is charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell, manufacture or deliver, the report stated.

His bail is set at $25,000.