For the last six years, Miami-based folk musician Rachel Goodrich has played quirky pop songs with her band, charming audiences by strumming a ukulele or guitar and bringing smiles to faces by doing kazoo riffs.

Goodrich will bring her show and southern sound to Gainesville at 10 p.m. Saturday, performing at The Laboratory, 818 W. University Ave.

Goodrich’s self-titled album was released in February and was a follow-up to 2008’s “Tinker Toys.“

“The sound is always changing,” she said. “We’re always growing.”

The new record features Regina Spektor-inspired tracks with unpredictable melodies and fun lyrics about love, such as “My heart, well, it started racing like the police was chasing me.” But Goodrich trades Spektor’s Lower East Side city vibe for sunny south Florida sounds.

The release is a bit more personal, she said, even though she left behind bedroom recording to work with Grammy-nominated producer Greg Wells, who has worked with artists such as Weezer and Katy Perry.

Despite getting attention from magazines like Vogue and Nylon — and her being called the Queen of the Miami indie rock scene by The New York Times — Goodrich seems determined not to let things get out of hand.

“You can’t let the pressure win you over,” she said.