Instead of flooding pools at various apartment complexes, UF students might get their own pool to throw parties.

The project, the brainchild of Inter-Residence Hall Association President Severin Walstad, is still in developmental stages. Walstad, a Unite senator, announced the project's approval at a Student Government meeting Tuesday night.

Officials from IRHA have approval to begin conceptualizing the new swim spot. The project is far from the building stages.

Though pools already exist on campus, Walstad said, most of them are fitness pools, not ones that students could use for recreation.

"What we have right now is lots of large lap swimming pools," he said. "One thing we don't have here is a pool where students can just go and chill, you know?"

The pool would likely replace an existing pool by Broward Hall, which is typically used as a lap pool.

Walstad said he is looking to fund the project out of already-existing money instead of seeking an increase in student fees.

The Senate also passed a resolution praising the student organization Islam On Campus for its efforts in sustainability and promotion of peace. The bill, however, did not go unopposed.

Senator Andy Schein was one of 15 to oppose the resolution, saying he felt the bill was too limited in scope and ignored the efforts of other student organizations.

"I think Islam On Campus does great things," he said. "But there are over 900 [other organizations] that do great things."