The Office of the Provost is introducing a new program, called Creative B, which is an effort to refresh UF campus life from June 27 to Aug 5.

Proposed in 2010, the program is a collaboration of the Colleges of Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Journalism and Communications, and Engineering.

Other campus agencies, like Student Affairs and the Smathers Libraries, are joining in an effort to boost campus creativity. Live performances and unique academic opportunities will also be part of the program.

"We are hoping that momentum carries through to the fall and spring," said Andy Howard, manager of marketing and alumni affairs at the College of Fine Arts.

At its core, Creative B is a promotional effort as opposed to a curriculum track.

The program is designed to encourage students to enroll in courses bridging the gap between left and right brain activity. Classes such as Local Acts: Performance and Engagement, in which students watch acts all over the city of Gainesville.

Another feature of the Creative B program is the Swamp Dance Fest, which is "putting Gainesville on the cultural map," according to Neta Pulvermacher, a UF dance professor. She directs this semester-long workshop, which is open to both beginners and expert ballerinas.