UF Student Body President Ben Meyers and the seven other members of the UPD Campus Advisory Committee will meet Friday to discuss issues affecting the relationship between University Police and the UF campus community.

The meeting will start at 9 a.m. at the Jennings Hall Office at the intersection of Newell Drive and Museum Road, according to the UPD website.

The committee was established in April, and its members consist of UF students, employees and UPD Chief Linda Stump. It meets on an as-needed basis.

Meyers said the meeting may have been called to discuss former UPD officer Keith Smith's Sept. 1 firing due to his overall conduct.

An investigation into Smith's conduct was launched after he threatened to shoot a 20-year-old man he had pulled over for reckless driving on July 23. Smith was involved in a previous controversy over the shooting of a UF graduate student, Kofi Adu-Brempong, in March 2010.

The UPD website does not mention any specific reason for the meeting, which is the third one held by the committee.