Changes to Student Government's elections procedures will be presented at Tuesday's Student Senate meeting.

The changes come after complications with the fall's new electronic voting system caused some students to be placed into location-based districts that didn't reflect their Gainesville addresses.

In November, Senate President Andy Mason formed a specialized committee to examine and modify the rules.

Committee co-chair and Unite Party Sen. Katie Waldman said some codes are outdated and apply to paper ballots, not the new electronic ballots.

For procedure changes to apply to the spring elections, the Senate must approve them six weeks before the election cycle, she said. It takes the Senate two weeks to read through the changes, and spring elections are Feb. 21 and 22.

"We want to accurately reflect the voting system we now use," Waldman said.

The electronic system was first used in the Fall 2011 elections, and the problems with it prompted the UF Supreme Court to investigate the elections process.

Students Party Sen. Carly Wilson attended the committee meetings though she is not a committee member. She said she hopes the changes will reflect a more flexible democratic process for individual students.

"My fear is that the changes will reduce what students know about elections," Wilson said.