An Ocala man was tackled three times and tased by a Gainesville Police officer on Tuesday night after the officer found cocaine on him.

Earl Peterson, 53, also known as "Baby Cool," was arrested on a charge of resisting arrest, possession of cocaine and battery on an officer, according to a GPD arrest report.

The report said Peterson was riding his bike around the 100 block of Southeast Ninth Street without bike lights in the middle of the road around 7:50 p.m. When he was pulled over, officer Shawn Barnes asked for Peterson's ID. When Peterson pulled out his wallet, a dime-bag of cocaine fell out, according to the report.

The officer tried to handcuff Peterson, but he squirmed and used his elbows to get away from Barnes, according to the report. Peterson went for the cocaine and was tackled.

While on the ground, Peterson ignored orders to put his hands behind his back and stood up.

Barnes tackled Peterson a second time, and he elbowed Barnes again.

Peterson got up and ran southeast even though he was told to stop.

Once the officer caught up to Peterson, the officer tackled him a third time.

According to the report, Peterson was then tased because he was doing everything he could to avoid arrest.

Barnes tased Peterson three to four times before Peterson finally gave up.

During the arrest, neighbors said there were 10 police cars parked on both sides of the street, and police left Peterson's pack of 305's Menthols and purple lighter on the hood of a car parked nearby. A neighbor threw them away.

While Peterson was searched, police officers found the dime-bag of cocaine and a cut straw in his left jacket pocket, according to the report, and both field-tested positive.

Peterson is currently on probation in Georgia. As of Wednesday night, he was in the Alachua County Jail with a bond of $24,000.