Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity was named Friday morning as the second fraternity involved in recent hazing allegations at UF.

Interim Vice President for Student Affairs Dave Kratzer named the fraternity, which was investigated by University Police, at Friday morning’s Anti-Hazing Task Force meeting.

He said the fraternity was linked to hazing by someone interviewed about the Alpha Phi Alpha hazing incident. According to UPD’s crime log, the incidents under investigation took place from April 23, 2010, to Jan. 31, 2011.

UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes said UPD sent the sworn allegation to the State Attorney’s Office on Thursday. She expects State Attorney Bill Cervone to release information in the next few days.

Kratzer told the other task force members that university officials knew Kappa Alpha Psi’s national office was investigating the fraternity but thought it was unrelated to hazing.

After the fraternity was named, he said, the university communicated with the national office and confirmed that the UF chapter was being investigated in connection with hazing.

The national office ordered the UF chapter to disband fraternity activity, Kratzer said.

Alpha Phi Alpha and Kappa Alpha Psi are both members of UF’s historically black National Pan-Hellenic Council.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of the UF chapter, according to the chapter’s website.

Members of the task force also discussed how to ensure student groups follow UF’s anti-hazing policies and how to broadcast the message.

“We’re not trying to target any section of our student body, but when things come to us, we will always follow our procedures,” Kratzer said.

Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs Bernard Mair said after the meeting that he hopes a method for student to anonymously report hazing will be decided by the next task force meeting in six weeks.