Stripper and friends arrested, charged with robbing, threatening man

A Cafe Risque patron asked a stripper named Angel to come back to his hotel Thursday night. She brought three people with her, and those people brought weapons.

Jonathan D. Mieras, 45, of Wellborn, was robbed, threatened with a shotgun and shocked with a stun gun, according to the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office.

The suspects — Candace L. Allen, 27; Michael C. Angelo, 26; Adrene L. Foreman, 20; and Michael S. Williams, 20 — were charged with kidnapping, home invasion with a firearm and two counts of grand theft.

A Sheriff’s Office arrest report gave this account:

Allen, whose stage name is Angel, made plans with Mieras on Thursday afternoon while she was working at Cafe Risque, a Micanopy strip club famous for its red-and-yellow “We Bare All” billboards. The two had never met before Thursday, Mieras said, but Allen told him she would swing by his hotel room after she got off work.

She arrived at Room 224 at the Micanopy Inn at about 10 p.m. Thursday but soon walked away, telling Mieras she would be back in a minute. She left the door open. Then, Angelo, Foreman and Williams walked into the room.

Angelo carried a black shotgun. He told Mieras to get on the floor. He told him he might kill him.

When Mieras tried to wrestle the shotgun from Angelo, one of the other two alleged robbers shocked Mieras with a stun gun. Mieras said he was shocked between 12 and 14 times, and his head is bruised from getting hit by the butt of the shotgun.

The three suspected robbers then tied him up with ripped towels and stole a duffle bag, a wallet, an electric razor, a credit card, three months’ worth of pain-relief pills, an iPhone 4, $1,500 and a Tec-9 pistol with 12 bullets.

“I’m very embarrassed,” Mieras said.

After talking with other Cafe Risque employees, Sheriff’s Office detectives found out that Allen was living at the Motel 6 on Southwest 40th Boulevard in Gainesville. Detectives went there and arrested Allen, Angelo and Williams.

While deputies searched the hotel room for evidence — they found a shotgun next to one of the beds — Foreman showed up. They arrested her, too.

All four suspects remained at the Alachua County Jail on bail ranging from $60,000 (Foreman) to about $1.3 million (Angelo). The general manager of Cafe Risque said Sunday that Allen was “absolutely not” working at the strip club anymore.

“It was quite a scuffle,” Mieras said Sunday afternoon. “I lost the battle, but they lost the war.”

Contact Tyler Jett at tjett@alligator.org.