Gators defensive tackle Orr violates deferred prosecution agreement by driving illegally

Florida defensive tackle Leon Orr was charged with a second-degree misdemeanor after violating the terms of his deferred prosecution agreement by knowingly driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license according to Alachua County court records.

This is the second time Orr has been cited for knowingly driving with a suspended or revoked driver's license. The first incident occurred Feb. 3, 2011. A third violation would result in a third-degree felony charge in the state of Florida.

Orr has a court date scheduled for June 6 at 1 p.m. He will pay a $50 fee for courts costs and will pay an additional $150 fine or log 12.5 hours of community service. He must also not break any laws for six months.

Orr received the deferred prosecution agreement after he was arrested on two charges for misdemeanor marijuana and misdemeaner drug equipment possession or use on the night of Jan. 10.

UPD officer Bradley Roberts conducted a search of Orr’s apartment at Keys Complex with the sophomore defensive tackle's consent.  Roberts discovered a “baggy of a green leafy substance, a glass pipe and rolling papers” in Orr’s room.

In his first season with the Gators in 2011, Orr recorded 10 tackles, one sack and four quarterback hurries. He recorded two tackles in the spring game April 7.

Contact Joe Morgan at joemorgan@alligator.org.