You’re finally in college. No one is nagging you about a project being due. No one is making sure you’re paying attention in class. And no one is telling you when to be home at night.

But before you know it, it’s a week before a final and you haven’t been to class in weeks.

You’re overwhelmed and stressed. What do you do?

The UF Counseling and Wellness Center, located on Radio Road, provides free confidential individual and group counseling for registered UF students.

Carlos Hernandez, a licensed health counselor at the center, said students tend to isolate themselves. If someone came in a week before finals, counselors would be able to help, but more options would be available if he or she came in sooner.

“Our work is one of helping, educating, supporting and caring,” Hernandez said.

The CWC is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment and emergency walk-ins.

GatorWell Health Promotions Services is located on the first floor of the CWC.

Its services include helping students and faculty quit smoking, helping with time management and offering free HIV tests.

It also educates people on alcohol and other drug issues, healthy eating and stress.

GatorWell is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the counseling center. There are also satellite locations in Jennings Hall and Springs Complex.

So students, if you are stressed or struggling, don’t hesitate to ask. The CWC and GatorWell are there to help.

Contact Samantha Shavell at sshavell@alligator.org.