Jerry Seinfeld will bring his comedy act to UF this fall.

Tickets to see Seinfeld live Nov. 2 at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts go on sale Friday at noon.

Todd Taylor, public relations representative for UF Performing Arts, said there is no student pricing for the event. Students, along with the general public, may purchase seats in the balcony and upper boxes for $64, or in the mezzanine, orchestra and pit for $79.

Phillips Center Box Office manager Robbie Stevens said the show will probably sell out quickly, like it did when Seinfeld performed at UF in 2008.

Even though many college students were toddlers at the height of Seinfeld’s TV comedy success, Stevens said he’ll garner name recognition around Gainesville.

“Any time you can get a name like Jerry Seinfeld in your community and city, I think that’s a good thing,” Taylor said.

He said fans from other areas of the state are likely to come if other Florida tour stops sell out.

Taylor said the university was not affiliated with inviting the show to campus.

“I’m just really excited because I didn’t think I’d ever get a chance to see him doing stand-up,” said Severin Walstad, a 21-year-old public relations senior. “The only thing that’s going to keep students from going is probably the ticket price.”

Tickets will be sold online at www.ticketmaster.com and at the box offices at the Reitz Union and Phillips Center.