Young Life is coming to UF.

UF and Santa Fe College students are invited on a photo scavenger hunt from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday starting at the Vineyard of Gainesville and ending at Thornebrook Village as a recruiting event for Young Life College, a non-denominational Christian program that helps students develop their faith.

UF alumnus Danny Rohan, newly appointed college director and the first staff member of Young Life College in Florida, helped organize Sunday’s event.

The majority of challenges will occur off campus and at unfamiliar places in Gainesville, Rohan said. The purpose is for students, especially those new to Gainesville, to meet new people and visit locations they wouldn’t normally know about on their own. The leaders are recruiting students at events during the fall semester.

“We want YLC to be a place where college students from all backgrounds and beliefs can find adventure, community and significance,” Rohan said.

Richard Johnson, a 19-year-old telecommunication major at UF, has been involved in Young Life for five years.

Young Life is something many college students recognize from high school, Johnson said. They are more likely to come because they already know what it’s about.

“College students need a mentor, whether they want to admit it or not,” Johnson said. “We all should have somebody who is not in college that is pouring into us and modeling how to live.”

Students interested in becoming a part of YLC can meet with leaders from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesdays at the Chick-fil-A on Archer Road. They play ultimate Frisbee at 9:30 p.m. Thursdays at J.J. Finley Elementary School. Starting Jan. 13, meetings will be held at 9 p.m. Sundays at the Vineyard of Gainesville.