<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Students gather in the lobby of the basketball complex during a tour of the practice facility at Rowdy Fest Monday night. Following the tour, students ate pizza and had a meet and greet with the men’s basketball players and coaches.</p>

Students gather in the lobby of the basketball complex during a tour of the practice facility at Rowdy Fest Monday night. Following the tour, students ate pizza and had a meet and greet with the men’s basketball players and coaches.

Gator basketball fans hugged their favorite stars, got signed posters and posed for pictures next to their supersized heroes.

UF’s Gator basketball team hosted Rowdy Fest on Monday at the basketball complex to get students excited for the upcoming season.

The event brought in more than 300 students for a tour of the practice facility, food and a meet and greet with players and coaches.

Head coach Billy Donovan spoke to students as they huddled around him.

“Because of all of you and past students, you have created one of the best homecourt environments in all of college basketball,” Donovan said. “Our building is not the same when you people are not there.”

A new UF organization, Men’s Basketball Rowdies, helped the University Athletic Association at Rowdy Fest this year.

The founder of the organization, 24-year-old computer and electrical engineering sixth-year Jake Sillick, said it was a good way to get the word out about the organization.

Senior guard Kenny Boynton, 21, said the event is good for the team.

“It brings more fans out and shows them that we’re down-to-earth guys,” Boynton said.