<p>Teenage Chopshop is hoping to produce its new album, "Evil Twin," using funds from backers on www.Kickstarter.com. The band has until midnight on Oct. 31 to raise the money.</p>

Teenage Chopshop is hoping to produce its new album, "Evil Twin," using funds from backers on www.Kickstarter.com. The band has until midnight on Oct. 31 to raise the money.

Time is running out for local indie-rock band Teenage Chopshop. The group has until the clock strikes midnight Oct. 31 to raise funds for its musical fairytale.

The band is funding its second album “Evil Twin” through a campaign on Kickstarter.

Kickstarter is a fundraising website for creative projects. Launched in April 2009, the platform allows people to contribute money to campaigns of their choice.

Frontman and manager Charlie Fehrenbacher said Teenage Chopshop launched its Kickstarter campaign Sept. 27, including a brief promotional video that explains what the band will do with its funds and how it plans to give back to its fans and investors.

“I had all of these songs written and knew I wanted to put out a new album,” Fehrenbacher said. “It was becoming crystal clear how it was going to turn out and what the songs were going to be like. It was at that point that I said this would be really good for a Kickstarter project.”

According to Kickstarter policy, if the band does not reach its $3,200 goal, it must forfeit all accumulated funds. The money will buy microphones, editing equipment, record-pressing materials, T-shirts and posters, Fehrenbacher said.

While the band members recognize they might not reach their goal, Fehrenbacher said they will still produce and release their album.

According to www.kickstarter.com, more than $350 million has been pledged by more than 2.5 million people, funding over 30,000 creative projects.

Fehrenbacher and keyboardist/vocalist Ashley Phillips founded the band in 2011. Guitarist Tanner Yea, a 20-year-old UF journalism junior; drummer Aidan Murphy, a 20-year-old UF physics junior; and bassist Clinton Martz, a 19-year-old Gainesville resident, were recruited through a Craigslist post.

“It’s really about getting our name out there and giving people a taste of what we do,” Fehrenbacher said. “And the fact that we’re doing every single thing we do at home by hand — we don’t want to rely on a record company, or a producer, or an image consultant or a manager. As far as I’m concerned, we’re smart enough and talented enough that we can do all of that stuff on our own.”

Brandon Nall is an artist and graphic designer who provided the artwork for the band’s website. Nall, 21, who attends the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, went to high school and played in a band with Yea previously.

“A community that can support its artists is very important and definitely appreciated by the artists,” Nall said. “If there are people that enjoy what you have to give, that’s awesome.”

Fehrenbacher said Kickstarter is a great way to let the community get involved in the music.

“I read articles from music bloggers saying they’re worried that the independent music scene is going to fail over time,” Fehrenbacher said. “What’s going to keep the music scene alive are the people still out there that care enough to work hard.”

The band will host a CD release show for “Evil Twin” Dec. 8 at The Atlantic.

As of Wednesday night, Teenage Chopshop accumulated $600 and 14 backers on their Kickstarter profile. For more information about how to donate to the band’s campaign, visit www.teenagechopshop.com.