Its name pretty much says it all — UGG. Although the UGG brand makes a variety of footwear (not all of them atrocious), the most commonly seen style is the Classic UGG boot. Every year when the weather starts to cool down and people begin swapping their shorts and tank tops for jackets and scarves, I’m always baffled at how many people still cling to their UGGs.

Shoe shopping should be about finding something that is stylish as well as comfortable. When I see UGGs, I understand the comfort aspect, but they are by no means pleasing to the eye. Its lack of shape and structure while being worn are overwhelming to your feet. They make them look so much bigger than they actually are. It also seems that if you’re donning these boots you cannot escape the inevitable UGG shuffle. Also, what people choose to wear with their UGGs make them look even worse. Does anyone remember the UGG boots paired with shorts trend?

Frankly, the Classic UGG boot is ugly. Yes, they are comfortable and warm but that’s about the only benefit that they provide. If you are a name brand elitist that’s OK because there are many other styles from UGG that are winter ready. However, they are pretty pricy. Don’t fret though, because UGGs aren’t the only footwear around. If you spend a little time shopping you’ll be sure to find boots that are comfortable and more appealing to the eye.