<p><span>Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn shouts to his defensive linemen during Florida’s 14-7 victory against Missouri on Saturday at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.&nbsp;</span></p>
<div><span><br /></span></div>

Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn shouts to his defensive linemen during Florida’s 14-7 victory against Missouri on Saturday at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. 

Jelani Jenkins has struggled to stay on the field this season, but he will not let his injuries discourage him.

The junior, who has started the past three games, missed three games earlier this season due to a fractured thumb and a pulled hamstring. He left two other games early because of the hamstring injury. 

Before 2012, Jenkins missed only one game — a 26-21 win against Vanderbilt on Nov. 5, 2011, that he sat out due to a concussion suffered the previous week. 

“It’s been tough, but I trust the athletic training staff,” Jenkins said. “They got me back on the field as quickly as possible. They’ve done a great job at it. (I’m) just doing the best I can. I’m happy the way the season is going.”

Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said that even when Jenkins was on the sidelines, the weakside linebacker contributed.

“He has very good football smarts and wanted to be in and help the other players that stepped up when he went down,” Quinn said. “It wasn’t like he removed himself or wasn’t involved, so I thought that was a real tribute as a team guy and a leader saying, ‘I’m out, and I can’t play, but I’m certainly going to be here and help the guys that are playing.’”

Jenkins recorded a sack last week against Missouri. He has notched 16 tackles and two sacks this season.

Injury Update: Defensive tackle Leon Orr, running back Mack Brown and wideout and returner Andre Debose will all miss Saturday’s game against Louisiana, coach Will Muschamp said on Wednesday. 

Orr is working his way back into playing shape after being hospitalized last week due to the flu.  

Debose has yet to return to practice after hyperextending his knee in practice last Thursday and missing Saturday’s win against Missouri. 

Although Debose has just two receptions this season, he has been the Gators’ primary kick and punt returner. He leads the team with 479 combined return yards. Omarius Hines returned kicks and De’Ante Saunders fielded punts on Saturday.

Brown suffered an ankle injury against Missouri.

Not looking ahead: The Ragin’ Cajuns are tied for fourth in the Sun Belt Conference, but the Gators are not taking them lightly.

“When we put on the tape of Louisiana, it really showed this is a very good offense,” Quinn said. “Whatever conference they’re in, throw the conference out.”

Louisiana ranks 44th in the nation in total offense and passing yards per game. In a 40-24 win against Louisiana-Monroe last week, the Ragin’ Cajuns gained 607 yards.

“Any team that can do that, you’ve definitely got to pay attention to,” Jenkins said.

Contact Josh Jurnovoy at jjurnovoy@alligator.org.