The guide to Easter clothing, bonnet optional

Whether you’ll be sipping a mimosa at a brunch filled with so many egg-themed appetizers it’s nauseating or celebrating in church, the hunt for the perfect flowery, pastel-colored dress is sometimes harder than the one for Easter eggs.

Easter clothing is an art. You want to be stylish but grandma-friendly. It can’t be too tight fitting because most of your plans involve eating large amounts of food very quickly.

So here are some examples of Easter-appropriate, but totally fabulous attire:

1. If Easter Sunday is your jam and you have a little extra cash to spend, a Lilly Pulitzer dress begs to be worn on Easter Sunday. In the dullness of winter you’ve been sticking to your neutrals and dark sweaters, jackets and jeans – like a well-trained fashionista. But now it’s your time to put on that palm-tree print like you were born for it. Some of my favorite Lilly’s are the Briella dress, the Nina dress and the Nicci dress. Pair with wedges and the Easter bunny will bow down.

2. Forever 21 also has some surprisingly adorable dresses that scream Easter. The Fit & Flare Eyelet Dress is a mere $27.80 and comes in a very fresh mint color. The store also has an adorable floral up-down dress and it’s loose enough that no one will notice if your stomach expands post chocolate bunny eating contest.

3. Lulu’s has a few dresses that are well suited for any day of trying all of the varieties of deviled eggs your aunts have made. There’s a mint peplum dress that is sure to keep you looking classy and an adorable teal and silver printed dress that looks much more expensive than it actually is ($56). A pair of the shop’s canvas wedges will match almost any item on the site as well.

4. Piperlime has the best selection of dresses with lace and crochet like the cream and orange “Grommet Dress” that adds a little bit off spice to the bland Easter colors. There’s always the option of taking a pretty, light-colored top and pairing it with crisp white pants as well like the Kate Everywhere Blouse by Cooper & Ella.

5. Tobi’s “Playing with Watercolor Dress” looks like an actual Easter egg if you want to really fit the part. For a more toned down look try a pale-colored shift dress, but make sure it’s not too short.