<p>The snow bowl at Hiro Asian Sandwich Bistro combines ice cream and toppings with shaved ice.</p>

The snow bowl at Hiro Asian Sandwich Bistro combines ice cream and toppings with shaved ice.

Carol Rosado carefully maneuvers a bevy of toppings onto her spoon overflowing with ice cream.

The lychee jellies slime over her tongue. Small white mochi bits stick to the 21-year-old biology junior’s teeth long after the smooth red bean ice cream dissolves in her mouth. The rich, sweet red beans ski down the ice cream mountain, falling heavy and thick against the light, refreshing layer of the taro-flavored snow.

That’s right, snow.

Hiro Asian Sandwich Bistro is giving customers the opportunity to order their very own rendition of snow, presented as the Snow Bowl.

A confectionary winter wonderland of shaved ice akin to desserts from the Philippines, Korea and Taiwan, the Snow Bowl mixes the familiar procedure of choosing toppings at an ice cream shop with the unfamiliar thinly shaved ice waiting at the bottom of the cup.

“With this dessert, it’s a visual thing as much as it is a taste thing,” Rosado said. “In Puerto Rico, we have shaved ice, but it’s not as smooth. You can tell it’s ice. But this one is closer to ice cream.”

The Far East, recommended by the cashier as the most popular flavor of the recently released Snow Bowl, combines a hearty helping of strawberry and mango chunks, a smattering of lychee jellies and mochi bits, and a dollop of sweet red beans atop a scoop of red bean ice cream, all resting on a sea of taro-flavored “snow” and a rolled wafer.

With tax, $4.51 will get the largest small-size cup of snow imaginable, plus a colorful buffet of toppings and ice cream.

The Lover’s Paradise, Tropical Splash and Heath Freak options are just as visually appealing as the Far East Snow Bowl.

If you’re in the mood to create an original Snow Bowl masterpiece, topping choices include Heath bar pieces, chocolate, strawberry and caramel sauces, strawberries, mangoes, kiwis and much more.

Perhaps it’s the revolving picture slideshow of hypnotizing, heavily stuffed sandwiches upon entering — or the friendly staff — that creates such an inviting atmosphere. But every item presented at Hiro Asian Sandwich Bistro, located between Bento and Chipotle on Archer Road, says, “Try me immediately.” The Snow Bowl is no exception.