<p>A model strikes a pose during the runway shows on Saturday night as part of Gainesville Fashion Week.</p>

A model strikes a pose during the runway shows on Saturday night as part of Gainesville Fashion Week.

Saturday fashion runway shows

My Style: Boho

Intensity radiated off the runway as designer TanyaB started her show. Her designs seemed to reflect this ever-growing trend of color-blocking, where fashionistas pair solid, bright colors with other solid blocks of color.

Macy’s confirmed these emerging summer trends for women with bold, colored jeans; sheer, collared tops; and tribal pieces. An unexpected trend in the show was conservative bathing suits resembling spandex shorts, all of which flattered the model’s figures.

TanyaB and Macy’s both presented summer styles with chunky necklaces, vibrant colors and various uses of geometric cutouts.

D&N Clothing presented a more youthful style that is currently filling partying college students’ closets. The rage look combines neon colors, cut-up clothing, wild sayings and pointless hipster glasses.

My personal favorite was the shirt broadcasting the saying “walk of glory,” which was a spoof on the popular saying “walk of shame.” This shirt can speak for D&N’s entire line, which screams YOLO without actually saying YOLO.

Francine Elizabeth’s line reminds us all, with her bold risks, fashion is a true art. Styling natural-looking browns with bright neon-green spiked collars gave the clothing an independent, confident vibe. The combination of a fun summer look with a dangerous edge completely worked.

Headlining designer Carla Coultas’ styles embodied an edgy look for women stepping out of the norm and becoming their own with a variety of fur and studs.

It was unique, eccentric and demonstrated new ways of wearing clothes that are already in our closets.