Pinterest
Pinterest

It's summertime and that means many students have just recently on will be moving into new living spaces.

Unfortunately, most dorms or apartments are fitted with bland and blank white walls and not a lot of personality.

Another unfortunate is that you may be designing on a college students budget.

One of my favorite ways to get ideas for designing my personal space is through Pinterest. It is a great way to get started and to find ideas to springboard your design plan.

Here are a few tips to get you started.

1. For pillows or canvas painting, I'd check out the "Quotes" section on Pinterest. Along with being inspirational, the quotes posted here are often written in a fun script that is easy to replicate with paint and brush and will stand out in a room.

2. Visit the "Home" section for ideas on how to set up your room. Here you will find many different ways to hang a collage or pictures, how different people have set up their apartments and more.

3. My final tip would be to visit the "DIY & Craft" section. This is your best friend when it comes to finding ways to create expensive decorating merchandise on a dime. DIY organizers for your desk or jewelry, how to directions for pillows and fun ideas for themes can all be found on this portion of Pinterest.

Hopefully after all of your decorating, your new place will start to feel like a home.