Mike and Sulley are back, with parties, Greek Life and textbooks

monsters
monsters

The one-eyed, furry duo that shattered our childish fears of monsters in our closets or under our beds is back. Better yet, we're seeing where it all began for Mike and Sulley: college. Forget that it only took 12 years for a follow-up to the beloved Monsters Inc. film. Monsters Inc. lovers are psyched for the release of Monsters University on June 21. Here are the top reasons why:

1. We grew up with Monsters – I was 8 years old when "Monsters Inc." was released, barely parting from the age of insistence that monsters were gallivanting under my bed. Now as a college student, I can safely say that I’m spending less time worrying about monstrous activity under my bed and more time thinking about how cool it would be to major in scaring, much like Mike and Sulley.

2. The timing for the release of "Monsters University" is impeccable. Much of "Monsters Inc.’s" original child audience is in college now. Like the effect of the "Toy Story" trilogy, this Pixar generation grew up with "Monsters Inc." Pixar films have almost seamlessly paralleled the stages in our lives.

3. The college stereotypes are impeccable – fraternities, perky college tour guides, unthinkable parties and cornball university promo one-liners. College stereotypes are painted in all their cheesy and hilarious glory. Those who are in college or have been in college will enjoy the fun mockery.

4. “There is a little monster in all of us," says one of the trailers. Much like the monsters in Monsters University, we all have our quirks and goofiness, of course in the best way possible. What better way to celebrate quirkiness with a film that epitomizes it?

5. One word: Pixar – Very rarely can I ever day that Pixar has missed the mark. "Monsters University" seems like no exception based off the trailers.  Much like its predecessor, "Monsters University" looks like it won't fail to bring the laughs and the collective “aww’s.”

6. This is the perfect summer film for the family – "Monsters University" could not be more family-friendly. While the college-aged will surely enjoy this as homage to their own college lifestyle, kids will enjoy the Pixar wit and loveable monsters. Parents can shamelessly enjoy the film too because like most Pixar films, "Monsters University" transcends age barriers.