Ah, summer - the season of endless reruns, mindless relaxation and trips to the beach. But have you ever gotten to the ocean and tipped your toes in the water, only to forget your beach towel back home? If you’re headed seaside these next couple weeks, here’s what to stash in your bag before you leave your house.

Sunscreen.

Duh. The only thing worse than being as red as a lobster are those funky tan lines from your trendy bathing suit. And wrinkly skin and melanoma, of course. Sunscreen should be your best friend forever by now, guys.

Towel

Bring a big, plush towel that's long enough to reach your feet. I like to put mine over a straw beach mat that helps keep some sand away.

Sunglasses and a big hat

A floppy, over-sized hat can be used to shield your neck, chest and shoulders from the sun (which are the first to show age from too much sun exposure) as well as protect your scalp. Find a sand-colored cute one and toss on your sunnies, and everyone’s heads will turn.

Lip balm

Don’t forget your lips! Avoid chapped, peeling, sunburned lips with a moisturizing lip balm.

A good read

A trip to the beach practically begs for some light reading. Bring along a paper-copy version so you don’t have to worry about getting sand in your Kindle.

Face wipes

These will help you feel clean and refreshed after being in the sun all day, without even needing a sink. Hand sanitizer is another great addition to your bag, if you don’t have a spot to wash your hands before chowing down on lunch.

Water bottle and food

Bring your own water from home in a cooled bottle, and pack some healthy snacks like crunchy carrots or crisp watermelon to cool your hungry and thirst.

Don’t forget to bring along some fun stuff like frisbees or music and enjoy your trip to the beach!