I have grown up with skin the color of a fish belly and the inability to roll my R's. While my Latin roots are nonexistent, I haven’t had to grow up without those fiery flavors and zesty foods. My stepdad moved from California and brought with him his breakfast morning specialty: quesadillas.

Now, since I no longer have the luxury of stumbling out of bed at 11 to wake up to this deliciousness being fried up, I’ve had to tweak the recipe slightly - mainly by taking out all vegetables and not making a dozen at a time. However, my modifications have taken this fiesta to your mouth for only a few minutes and a few bucks.

Hit up your grocery store and make sure you grab these three items: tortillas, cheese, and oil. Tortillas are normally $2 for a pack of ten. Considering how often my meals require a bag of cheese, you might have one on hand; if not, you can pick one up for approximately $2.99. As for the oil, a big bottle can cost up to $4, but it will last you for practically forever. Then go crazy - this is another dish where you can do whatever you want with it. Add vegetables and some meat or just put a little salsa and sour cream on the side.

Cooking it up is relatively easy. Heat the oil on medium. While that’s happening, tear your tortilla in half. Then fold one of those halves so that it is the size of a quarter of a tortilla. Put your cheese (and whatever else you may have bought to fill it) inside and place that folded tortilla into the oil.  When the edges of the quesadilla start to turn brown - in about thirty seconds - flip it over. In about fifteen seconds, pop that baby out of the pan safely, place it on a plate, and get started on your next one. That’s all there is to it. Enjoy your dish - es delicioso.