Exercise is like any good thing: we all need it, but only a few of us get it. Most people who don’t exercise put it down by saying that it’s another way to give in to vanity, but in reality they are either to lazy to try exercises or too scared that they’ll fail.

The fact is that moderate exercise and fitness can do wonders for your life. Here are just a few of the benefits that a good, hot workout can do for you. 

1. Endorphins

WebMD describes endorphins as a chemical released in the brain that reduces the perception of pain. After exercise, endorphins produce a euphoric state that “can be accompanied by a positive and energetic outlook on life.” WebMD says regular exercise can reduce stress, ward off negative feelings and boost self-esteem. Basically exercise is proven to naturally make you feel amazing. Does that sound like vanity? 

2. Confidence

Once you realize that getting through an exercise will make you feel great, you start to do it more and more. This will most likely lead to a hot bod, or at least a tight one. Then the day will come after a super intense workout, when you look in the mirror and think “I would totally date me.” You develop a confidence in the knowledge that you are an amazing person. You are happy most of the time, you have tons of energy and now you’re a total babe! 

3. Socializing

This newly confident individual is ready to go out and make equally hot and confident friends. There is nothing that can bring you down. Next time you walk into a room, people will be allured to how poised and self-aware you are. “Yes, I am a sexy beast. Thank you for noticing.” Everyone wants to be friends with the attractive confident person, just remember to also be nice.

You can also find new opportunities to socialize however you work out, be it the gym, an athletic sport or a fitness class. People are always looking for new places to meet others, and they forget that the gym is crowded with individuals just like them. 

4. Get involved

With a body in terrific shape, the confidence to work it and excellent company, you are in the prime state to get involved in the things you like to do. Take on an exercise that has always interested you. Go dancing, take cooking lessons or finally go on that trip you’ve been planning for ages. Get involved in the community and make a change. You can do it all!  

Take an initiative to exercise and you’ll be surprised to see where exercise takes you.