A collection of quotes for instant inspiration

I’m an avid quote collector. In my room, there’s a bright red journal that’s filled to the brim with quotes on quotes on quotes. Whenever I stumble upon a gorgeous phrase that resonates deeply with my soul, it feels like Christmas and Thanksgiving all wrapped into one glorious moment. I’m actually not exaggerating. There’s something about a sentence of perfectly stringed together words that truly uplifts your spirits and inspires you to be a better person. So here are five of my favorite quotes that I hope will move you:

“ There is a stubbornness about me that can never bear to be frightened by others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” –Jane Austen

I read this quote when I need to have some bravery inspired into me. It should be a reminder me that nobody has the power to press you down or tell you you’re not good enough. Jane Austen’s words makes me feel powerful, secure and ready to take on the world once again.

“…my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. Now there is a bend in it. I don’t know what lies around the bend, but I’m going to believe the best does.” –Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables was my absolute favorite childhood book. (If you’ve never read it, I highly recommend you do so as soon as possible.) Besides wanting the talkative and quirky Anne Shirley as my best friend, I admired her for her constant sense of optimism and undying faith in humanity. This quote is a perfect embodiment of her character, and I read it to refuel my positivity tank.

“We are shaped by our thoughts. We become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” –Buddha

Besides being just a beautiful quote, this is a statement I 100% agree with. You truly are the thoughts you think. You never see someone who’s full of negativity be surrounded by success and happiness. It’s always those who choose to see the best in themselves and others who are loved and rewarded. 

“When you want something, the whole universe conspires to help you achieve it.” –Paulo Coelho

I love this quote because it’s a perfect representation of how I view life. As my previous blog posts have shown, I’m a huge believer in letting the universe take care of you. This quote reminds you that the world is never out to get you – it wants you to thrive.

“What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.” –Oprah Winfrey 

I have so much genuine respect for Oprah. She is one of those individuals blessed with a unique strength and wisdom that she’s chosen to share with the world. She motivates me to become more in touch with my spiritual side while pushing me to put out as much love and hard work as I possibly can.