Final schedule released for upcoming Homecoming and Gator Growl

UF’s Homecoming recently released its finalized schedule for its 90th anniversary in November.

The week will have nine events, starting Oct. 26 at 4:30 p.m. and ending two hours prior to the Homecoming game kickoff against Vanderbilt University on Nov. 9.

Evan Galin, director of public relations for UF Homecoming, said the theme this year is Footprints of the Swamp, and the meaning behind it is a tribute to the Gator greats who continue to support the UF community.

Josh Strelzik, Homecoming general chairman, said he hopes to bring up the numbers in attendance this year by showcasing all the events during the week instead of focusing only on Gator Growl, which is Nov. 8.

“We are making these events more visible to the public through new locations and national sponsors, so students will be more informed about all of the entertainment that Homecoming has to offer,” Strelzik said.

The main event, Gator Growl, will feature The Fray and Sister Hazel. It will start at 7 p.m.

However, the day starts at 11:30 a.m. with the two-mile SunTrust Gator Gallop. The Homecoming Parade will follow immediately at noon, according to a news release.

Homecoming updates will be posted on the official Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/GatorGrowlUf, on Twitter @UFGrowlHC and on Instagram @ufgatorgrowl.

A version of this story ran on page 8 on 9/25/2013 under the headline "UF Homecoming schedule finalized"

Schedule