<p>Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper (14) catches a touchdown pass from quarterback Michael Vick during the second quarter of a 33-30 loss to the San Diego Chargers on Sunday in Philadelphia. Cooper had two catches for 25 yards in the game.</p>

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper (14) catches a touchdown pass from quarterback Michael Vick during the second quarter of a 33-30 loss to the San Diego Chargers on Sunday in Philadelphia. Cooper had two catches for 25 yards in the game.

With Week 2 of the NFL season in the books, here are a few former Gators who made the most tangible impact for their respective teams.

Jordan Reed, tight end: The Washington Redskins selected Reed in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft despite already having three players at the position. That depth did not stop Reed from showing flashes of athleticism and playmaking ability against the Packers on Sunday.

The former Gator took advantage of his few opportunities, hauling in three catches on three targets for 18 yards and a touchdown — his first NFL score — that came in the fourth quarter.

Reed’s statistics were not especially memorable, but he demonstrated an ability to both run and pass block — a criticism against the tight end coming out of Florida. After a strong showing from the rookie — particularly in the red zone — Reed could earn more snaps as the season progresses.

Riley Cooper, wide receiver: Cooper has proven to be a good fit in Eagles coach Chip Kelly’s up-tempo offense but had only a modest showing in the Eagles’ 33-30 loss against the Chargers on Sunday.

The 6-foot-3, 222-pound wide receiver caught two passes for 25 yards and a touchdown despite being targeted just three times.

Cooper made an impact on several other plays — especially when Kelly dialed up bubble screens outside the formation — serving as a formidable blocker on both the edge and perimeter.

Although he may not be on the receiving end of many plays other than a few deep crossing patterns, Cooper can certainly act as a box-clearing decoy for the run game or as an effective interior blocker to spring the likes of DeSean Jackson and other Eagles playmakers in 2013.

Carlos Dunlap, defensive end: Dunlap and fellow Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Michael Johnson had little trouble pressuring opposing quarterbacks in 2012, combining for 17.5 sacks on the season.

The duo’s success has not changed two weeks into this season.

Dunlap has recorded five tackles and half a sack in 2013. Cincinnati ranks seventh in the NFL in total defense, surrendering 300.5 yards per game.

Dunlap’s contributions can go largely unnoticed because he isn’t a box-score hero. But his discipline, sideline-to-sideline speed and ability to rush off the edge stand out on film.

If the Bengals are going to win the AFC North this year, Dunlap, along with their front seven, will need to be sound.

Notes: 49ers’defensive lineman Ray McDonald suffered an apparent right leg injury in the fourth quarter versus the Seahawks when an opposing player inadvertently fell onto his leg on the line of scrimmage, according to KFFL.com.

Dolphins’ kicker Caleb Sturgis recorded six points on Sunday against the Colts, including a career-long 54-yard field goal — the third-longest made attempt in the NFL in 2013.

An eight-tackle performance against the Minnesota Vikings gives safety Major Wright a total of 17 tackles, good for 22nd in the league.

Twenty-two former Gators suited up for NFL teams during Week 2.

Follow Chuck Kingsbury on Twitter @chuckkingsbury.