If you’re anything like me, frozen yogurt is a go-to when real meals don’t seem very appetizing. Living in Gainesville (especially around UF’s campus), our frozen yogurt options have been limited to Mochi's frozen yogurt monopoly ever since Red Mango’s University Avenue location closed last fall. However, many of you might have noticed the arrival of a new frozen yogurt store since your return to Gainesville this year. 

As Yogurtology, the newest frozen yogurt store, puts it, “Each mix you create is a work of art, limited only by your imagination.”  This store is part of a franchise that promotes a special mix for everyone. If you’re kosher, the Kashruth Division of the Orthodox Union has certified that all of Yogurtology’s yogurt options are kosher. If you have specific allergen requirements, a wide variety of the flavors are gluten-free. Furthermore, all flavors have probiotics—except the water-based sorbets of course. But even Yogurtology’s sorbets benefit someone! Vegans to be exact. Yogurtology also offers special “premiyum” flavors crafted by the Master Yogurtologist. "Premiyum" flavors mean that they were created with premium ingredients and are unique to the Yogurtology brand. 

But it isn’t even all of the yogurt options that make Yogurtology so great. The artistic process is what sets Yogurtology apart from other stores. From the moment you walk in, greeters are offering yogurt samples of what will be the biggest part of your masterpiece. If you’ve never been there before one of the workers will happily greet you and explain the whole process. Basically, it begins with some standard bottomings—like toppings for the bottom of your empty palette (your cup)! These options include ingredients such as mini waffles, donuts, brownies, cookies, etc. You will then proceed to pick from one of the 12 yogurt flavors that rotate each week. The different flavors include Premiyum yogurt flavors, non-dairy yogurts and classic sweet yogurts that can be mixed to your liking. Followed by some toppings—and then some sloppings (FYI: anything from the Syrup bar which includes caramel, fudge, marshmallow sauce, raspberry sauce, sea salt, whipped cream, and many more!)

This might sound extravagant for a cup of fro-yo, but it definitely is worth it once you taste the difference. I must warn you though; this is one of the most ice-cream like versions of frozen yogurt. However, it is all up to your tastes and preferences—so give it a try, this might just become your new favorite place.