Audrey Napoleon to head Vampires’ Ball

A performer some call the West Coast’s hottest new artist is set to headline at a charity ball on Thursday.

DJ Audrey Napoleon will be artist of the night at the fourth annual Vampires’ Ball hosted by the Pledge 5 Foundation. The ball, which includes a haunted house entrance, will be held from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday at Level Nightclub, 238 W. University Ave.

“Her whole personality and style fits Halloween,” said Jason Bowman, a Pledge 5 spokesman. “She’s edgy, and we’re not afraid of edge.”

In the last three years, Napoleon has garnered worldwide recognition and opened for acts like The Cure and deadmau5, Bowman said.

The event is a mash-up of several philanthropic causes. Students can attend for free if they contribute a few ounces of blood.

Students can donate at a LifeSouth bus that will be in front of the club from 6 to 9 p.m. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., blood donations can also be given at Honda of Gainesville, 3801 N. Main St. In exchange, students will be granted free admission to the ball.

For those unable to donate, discounted tickets are available for purchase online at pledge5.org or $20 at the door.

Alicia Leva, a 20-year-old UF international studies junior and an Alpha Phi Omega officer, said some of the funds raised by the haunted house will benefit Nicaraguan children.

“We’re helping locally and globally, at the same time,” she said.

A version of this story ran on page 9 on 10/30/2013 under the headline "Audrey Napoleon to head Vampires’ Ball"