<p>Freshman Brianna Morgan hits a backhand to return a ball during a match against Tennessee on March 17. </p>

Freshman Brianna Morgan hits a backhand to return a ball during a match against Tennessee on March 17. 

History did not repeat itself for the Florida women’s tennis team this year.

No Gator, or associate head coach David Balogh, experienced deja vu at the Riviera/Intercollegiate Tennis Association All-American Tournament in California on Sunday. For the first time since 2010, UF returned to Gainesville without a championship trophy.

Out of the five Gators who journeyed to Pacific Palisades, none left victorious.

Both UF players who made it to the tournament’s main draw saw defeat during their first day and first attempts at the title.

University of California’s Zsofi Susanyi dealt UF senior Sofie Oyen, who received an automatic start in the main draw, her defeat.

“Sofie fought hard,” Balogh said. “She held the ball and grinded, but Susanyi was a little better (in) the end.”

UF sophomore Brianna Morgan defeated St. Mary’s Jenny Jullien in the qualifying finals Wednesday to earn her spot in the main draw.

Morgan then lost 6-2, 6-4 to UCLA’s No. 1 ranked Robin Anderson in the first round of the main draw. Morgan went on to the finals of the consolation draw where she lost to Virginia’s Julia Elbaba.

Belinda Woolcock and UF senior Olivia Janowicz were each one match away from the main draw. Woolcock and Janowicz both lost in the finals of the singles qualifying round. ITA’s No. 7 freshman in the nation, Woolcock was the only Gator to participate in Riviera pre-qualifying play.

Florida senior Alexandra Cercone was ousted from the competition in the second singles qualifying round by Texas A&M’s Cristina Stancu. Woolcock and Oyen also fell in the second qualifying round but in doubles to UNC’s Jamie Loeb and Hayley Carter.

Next, the Gators will play competitors on their home court for the first time this school year as they host the Bedford Cup on Oct. 10-13.

Follow Erica A. Hernandez on Twitter @EricaAlyssa.