In Monday’s crime logs, police reported one Gainesville man sold his ex-girlfriend’s stolen possessions to neighbors, and another local woman hit the father of her children with a coffee pot.

In the first incident, 45-year-old Lee Morris Fomby had recently ended a relationship with his girlfriend of five years, Deann Merriex, according to a GPD arrest report.

While Merriex was moving out of the apartment she and Fomby previously shared, 2626 E. University Ave., Fomby took two air conditioning units, a freezer, two dressers and a Crock-Pot, among other items.

He then hosted what a witness referred to as an “open house” and sold Merriex’s possessions, according to the report.

During questioning, Fomby told police he gave the dressers away, and someone had stolen the other items.

Fomby was arrested on charges of grand theft and dealing in stolen property. He was booked into the Alachua County Jail, where he remained as of press time in lieu of a $20,000 bond.

***

Jasmine Leilani Myrick, 24, showed up to the Sunoco gas station at 528 NW Eighth Ave. to pick up child support money from Nazmul Hossain, who works at the store, according to a GPD arrest report.

The two started arguing about Hossain’s current relationship. It escalated to the point where Myrick threw a hot coffee pot at Hossain. It missed his head by several inches.

Myrick then slapped and hit Hossain several times, according to the report.

During questioning, Myrick admitted to throwing the coffee pot but told police she could not remember hitting Hossain.

Officers arrested Myrick on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief. She was booked into the Alachua County Jail and was released just before noon Tuesday on her own recognizance.

A version of this story ran on page 4 on 11/6/2013 under the headline "Recent arrests: Gainesville yard sale steal, coffee pot assault"