Friday, July 26, 2024

My name is Susan Webster, and I currently serve as the Swamp Party spokeswoman. I am very excited to announce that our party’s slate has been released. After three days of qualifying, slating and interviews, Swamp Party is confident that we have selected the 50 most qualified and capable candidates to serve the student body in the Student Senate.

This year, 644 students participated in the slating process in hopes of getting slated, and 539 of those students slated with Swamp Party. We appreciate and thank all of the students who came to slate with us over the three-day period. We heard many excellent ideas from all of those who came to slating. After a rigorous decision-making process, we decided on the 50 candidates that we felt were best suited for each position.

It is not easy to make such decisions, especially here at the University of Florida where we have so many accomplished and qualified people applying to slate.

The entire Swamp Party Executive Board is excited for the slate we are presenting and believe that these candidates compliment what is an already a powerful executive ticket for the upcoming election. As always, we held to our tradition of selecting experienced and determined leaders to represent the students. Student Government is a very important part of the UF community and plays a vital role in the continued advancement of student life. We are proud to announce our full, qualified senate slate for the Spring 2014 elections.

Thank you, and vote Swamp.

A version of this letter to the editor ran on page 7 on 1/31/2014 under the headline "Qualified full slate"]