<p>Olivia Janowicz hits the ball during Florida’s 4-0 win against Harvard on Sunday at the Ring Tennis Complex. Janowicz won her first match on the No. 1 court on Wednesday, defeating UCF’s Josephine Haraldson in straight sets.</p>

Olivia Janowicz hits the ball during Florida’s 4-0 win against Harvard on Sunday at the Ring Tennis Complex. Janowicz won her first match on the No. 1 court on Wednesday, defeating UCF’s Josephine Haraldson in straight sets.

After a tough outing on the No. 1 court against Harvard on Sunday, Olivia Janowicz proved she is worthy of the top spot on Wednesday.

The Florida senior was the first to finish her singles match in the Perry Indoor Tennis Facility, defeating Central Florida’s Josephine Haraldson in straight sets (6-3, 6-0) on the top court while the No. 2 Gators swept the Knights 7-0.

“I know I played really well today. I didn’t play as well against Harvard and I learned from that,” Janowicz said. “Every player that’s played their first time on Court 1 has had some nerves, and (coach Roland Thornqvist) said it was normal. And I knew once I got through that first win, I’d be good.”

Thornqvist was pleased with how Janowicz performed in her second attempt at the No. 1 spot.

“She looked so much more comfortable now,” he said.

“I think the No. 1 ghost got her a little bit this weekend, just like it did Alex [Cercone on Saturday], but [Wednesday], both of them looked super sharp. They know they belong here. They’ve paid their dues and they’re playing at that level, so once they settle down and sort of let the game come to them, they’ll do better.”

In doubles, Thornqvist composed all three of his duos of a freshman and a senior while sophomore Brianna Morgan had a day off.

“They played great,” Thornqvist said. “We played at a much higher level today than we did this weekend, and it looked like we were more comfortable competing and playing matches.”

Janowicz paired up with freshman Kourtney Keegan for the fourth time this season, and the tandem topped UCF’s Caroline Eberhart and Annika Hepp 6-1.

“We both enjoy playing together,” Keegan said. “We have a great time. We mesh really well and it turned out pretty well.”

Cercone and freshman Stefani Stojic clinched the doubles point for the Gators (3-0) after defeating the Knights (1-1) pair of Josephine Haraldson and Clare Mendell 6-1.

Even though Florida swept all six singles matches and only gave up 13 games in 12 combined sets, the matches were closer than they seemed.

“In the beginning, we had a lot of deuces, some pretty long games,” senior Sofie Oyen said. “It’s always good to win those long games, and it’s good for my confidence. I got into the match after those.”

Added Thornqvist: “I thought we were outstanding because Central Florida played really well and we just didn’t give them any opportunities to get back in the matches.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126