Gainesvillista: Beauty tips for fall in Florida

Fall in Florida is confusing. It never seems to truly cool off, and we still need the air conditioner turned on high. In a climate that feels like summer all year, it can be difficult to incorporate fall beauty tips into our routine.

Since the idea of layering sweaters and wearing fur-lined boots just isn’t realistic, there are a few beauty tricks you can try. This way, you can still look ready for cooler days (and by cool, I mean 70 degrees).

Gainesvillista Fall Beauty

Fall is the ideal time to ditch dewy skin and embrace matte formulas. I like Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation and Powder because they’re budget-friendly and keep shine at bay all day.

The new Lorac Pro 2 Palette has a range of shades that fit into anyone’s makeup routine. This palette has eight matte shades and eight shimmer shades. Everything from a basic eye to a full-blown smokey eye can be achieved with this palette, and a lot of the colors are perfect for fall. 

For lips, if you’re really feeling like embracing a darker color, Rimmel and Kate Moss partnered to release a fantastic range of shades. For the less adventurous, Clinique Chubby Sticks is a great option. The sticks are packed with color but can be swiped on for a sheer finish or built up for a dramatic color. These are very moisturizing too, so it never feels like you’re wearing too much. 

Now we may not be curling up in front of a fire anytime soon, but with a few new beauty tips, we can look ready for fall and enjoy our pumpkin spice lattes.