Saturday Night Live fans will now be greeted by a new voice from The Gator Nation.

Darrell Hammond, a UF alumnus and former cast member of SNL, will replace Don Pardo as the “Live from New York, it’s Saturday night” announcer.

Hammond is set to take over the role this Saturday after Pardo’s death in August. 

Hammond graduated from UF in 1978 with a bachelor’s degree in advertising. He went on to portray Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Donald Trump and Sean Connery throughout his 14 years on SNL, becoming the show’s longest-running cast member from 1995 to 2009.

Since he left the show, Hammond has returned for several cameos, appeared in TV shows, movies and published a memoir titled, “God, If You’re Not Up There, I’m F****d.”

Michelle Bellaver, who has a master’s degree in theater from UF, said it’s great to hear about Hammond’s success on SNL. She signed with an agent in New York City and has been auditioning for roles since June. 

“UF has really supported me and my career,” she said. “They make sure that the graduates have a chance to showcase in New York right before graduation.”

Charlie Mitchell, an assistant professor at UF’s School of Theatre and Dance, said Hammond’s success is a direct result of his hard work.

“Those who immediately expect recognition tend to fall away,” Mitchell said. “Hammond has always given hard work credit for his career.” 

UF spokesman Steve Orlando expressed his support for Hammond on behalf of the university in an email.

“It’s always great to see — and in this case hear — that The Gator Nation really is everywhere,” he said.