Early voting for the 2014 general election will begin Wednesday and run until Nov. 1, said Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Pam Carpenter.

“Here in Alachua County, we found that a lot of our voters are excited to have the opportunity to have an alternate way to cast their ballot,” Carpenter said. “They’re taking advantage of going to the early voting sites to cast a ballot on their own schedule.”

Voters can locate their designated polling sites on the Vote Alachua website. They can also check their voter registration status and track absentee ballots as they are processed.

On the ballot are U.S. representatives for Districts 3 and 5, governor, attorney general, chief financial officer, commissioner of agriculture, state representatives for Districts 10, 20 and 21, District Court of Appeal, District 1 County Commissioner, District 2 County Commissioner, District 4 County Tax Collector and High Springs City Commission.

Three amendments are presented in this year’s election. Amendment 1 would connect Florida real-estate sales to conservation funding, which could amount to about $1 billion annually in restoration projects. Amendment 2 would legalize medical marijuana, and Amendment 3 would allow the elected governor to appoint new state Supreme Court justices as current ones complete their terms or mandatorily retire at 70.

There are 74,583 registered Democrats in Alachua County, 45,132 registered Republicans and 38,326 registered as other, according to the Vote Alachua website.