After 14 years, SoulFest is bringing some change to its multicultural talent show.  

SoulFest, the homecoming week kickoff event, was previously held at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. The mashup of student talent acts will now take place at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday. Doors will open at 4:30 p.m. for tabling, and free food will be served at 5 p.m. The show will start at 6:30 p.m.

SoulFest director William Smith, 21, said new acts such as UF Danza and FACES Modeling Troupe will perform at the event for the first time.

The SoulFest committee chose 13 participants to showcase, and the talent show winner will perform at Gator Growl.

Smith, a recreation and event managment senior, said the committee contributed about $7,000 for this year’s event.

The committee also added new food options to the evening, including caribbean food, The Coop and Mi Apá Latin Café.

“The theme of SoulFest is Soul Train: Memories and melodies,” UF event producer Austin Jurado, a 21-year-old industrial and systems engineering senior, said. “We are very excited.”