What IS fitness? OK. Don’t Google that. What I mean is, if you had to sum up fitness in one sentence, what would it mean to you?
The first thing that may come to mind is a killer body, right? Even if that may be true for some of you, fitness encompasses so much more. It’s really not about the “model body”; it’s about the feeling you get from your workout.
I decided to venture into The Swamp to get some help from my fellow Gators. Here are five fitness definitions from The Gator Nation:
1. “It’s a way to track progress and improve yourself.”
– Eric Solomon, 18, chemical engineering
2. “The ability of an organism to best exist in its environment. Survival of the fittest.”
– Nik Kaufman, 18, biomedical engineering
3. “Motivation. I just do it to relieve stress.”
– Brad Meehan, 21, food and resource economics
4. “Taking care of yourself, both in eating right and making sure you have a balanced workout.”
– Jasmine Dabuet, 22, graduate student
5. “Fitness is looking good, but more importantly feeling good, strong and healthy.”
– Jamie Luskin, 21, applied physiology and kinesiology