<p>Kent Fuchs</p>

Kent Fuchs

Tuition rate proposals and tenure upon hire for future UF President Kent Fuchs were discussed at Monday’s UF Board of Trustees meeting.

The UF Board of Trustees and its Committee on Educational Policy and Strategy met to discuss the two action items.

The committee voted unanimously to approve the UF President-elect’s tenure.

Joseph Glover, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, asked the board to approve the expected tuition rates for five programs.

The five programs are the Master of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science, with a Concentration in Medical Microbiology and Chemistry, Master of Arts in Arts in Medicine, Masters of Science in Pharmacy with Concentration in Clinical Toxicology, Doctor of Pharmacy and College of Medicine Medical Doctor.

Glover said the trustees’ approval is needed before the Board of Governors can consider approving the market price for the five programs.

“They will be priced at the going rate people are willing to pay,” Glover said.

In some cases, the market price for tuition is higher than the normal tuition rate at UF, but in some cases, it’s lower.

“This request will not affect the residential tuition of any students,” Glover said.  

For example, the market tuition price of the doctors for medicine program for out-of-state residents will be lower than the university’s current tuition rates, Glover said.

If the proposal is approved, the College of Medicine will reprice the out-of-state students at the going market rate from $65,000 to possibly $45,000.

The board voted unanimously to approve the five programs for market rate status.

Kent Fuchs

Kent Fuchs